Fair Work First Statement
Publication date – 1st April 2023
Financial Year End – 31st March 2024
Republic of Media Limited (Republic of Media) specialises in providing media planning and buying services and has offices in Manchester and Edinburgh.
Republic of Media is committed to advancing the principles of fairness and equality in our working practices and treatment of employees and suppliers. We are further committed to advancing the Scottish Government’s Fair Work First criteria and specifically:
Appropriate channels for employee voice
- Providing a safe environment for dialogue and challenge – listening to our staff and acting on what they say: this includes suggestion boxes, bi-weekly staff meetings; monthly all company meetings; regular feedback; confidential staff surveys and more.
Investment in workforce development
- Supporting learning & development across the organisation to create a culture of continuous improvement, high quality, and personal development. This includes: Investors in People accredited CPD programme with 24 hour annual training minimum; sponsored education including formal exams; induction and probation to support new employees; EDI training programme for all staff.
No inappropriate use of zero-hours contracts and no fire and hire
- Republic of Media does not and will not use either of the above practices
Action to tackle the gender pay gap and create a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- Republic of Media is committed to valuing diversity and advancing equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities. We believe that this is fundamental to the development of an inclusive working and learning environment in which all employees and learners can fulfil their potential.
- Employees are given dedicated time to complete EDI training or to work on Belonging and Equity (our bespoke EDI programme) initiatives.
- As part of Campaign Best Places to Work, we publish our gender pay gap annually and are committed to taking further action to address any gap.
Payment of the Real Living Wage
- Republic of Media pays the Real Living Wage and is accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
- Subcontractors and suppliers are also required to pay the Real Living Wage
This statement has been approved by the Republic of Media Board of Directors in consultation with staff representatives.
This statement will be reviewed and renewed in March 2024.
Simon Crunden, Managing Director
For and on behalf of the board of Directors on 1st April 2023
Martin Wilson, Account Director
Acting as employee representative on 1st April 2023