|Job Title||Digital Media Trainee|
|Line Manager||Joseph Lee, Account Manager & Simon Watson, Head of Digital|
|Salary||£17,500 with excellent benefits|
|Location||26 Cross Street, Manchester|
|Hours||37.5 per week|
|Contract||Permanent (3 month probationary period)|
Who are Republic of Media
Republic of Media is an independent communication planning and media buying agency with offices in Manchester and Edinburgh. An expert team of media planners and buyers, we deliver effective business orientated solutions that generate sales growth for clients in sectors including gambling, retail, FMCG and public sector. Our values define who we are and the type of people we’re looking for: Progressive, United, Open, Positive and Agile. Our 2018 awards include Best Video & Best Paid Social from both The Drum and Northern Digital Awards, YouTube Works for Brands Best UK YouTube Integration, Marketing Society Scotland’s Gold Media Award & Star Agency of the Year and The Drum Digital Trading Awards’ coveted Grand Prix Award.
An IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) member agency, we have been trading for over 6 years and are one of the fastest growing media agencies in the UK. With an established Edinburgh base, our exponential growth in Manchester means there has never been a better time to join our rising digital operation. As such, we guarantee a structured programme of personal development to enable you to develop a successful career in media, a competitive salary, plus the challenge and excitement of joining an ambitious, fast growing agency.
As a Digital Media Trainee at Republic of Media, your job will be to assist in the planning, implementation, management and reporting of digital media campaigns for a variety of clients. The Digital Team is at the heart of the agency in supporting the Communications Planners across the agency as well as dealing directly with media owners. This is a Graduate and will progress rapidly within a structured training and development programme as digital plays an increasingly important role in the media mix to reach today’s highly connected consumer.
The right candidate will share a responsibility to deliver across a wide range of clients including the likes of Highland Spring, Ripe Insurance, MyCarNeedsA.com, United Carpets, Human Appeal and others. The role will give you the opportunity to work on video, display, paid search and social campaigns across all devices, gaining experience in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Marketing Platform, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Snapchat Ads and more. The candidate will liaise with account teams in learning to create and manage campaigns and optimise them on a daily basis. You will also be responsible for analysing data from multiple sources to generate insights that feed into media planning decisions and strategies. Developing good relationships with media owners will be key as your career in the company progresses as negotiation of digital buys will play a key part of your future. You will be expected to create media schedules and other client documents so accuracy is paramount.
- Accurate written and verbal communication is essential
- You should be able to articulate ideas and thoughts in an effective and concise manner
- Confidence to make positive business contributions in agency and client meetings
- This is an entry level role suitable for a recent graduate or someone with some experience or interest in the industry
- Previous work experience is not a necessity but an interest and enthusiasm for advertising, and particularly digital media, is welcome and would be advantageous
- A relevant degree in marketing, maths, business, statistics, economics or media would be beneficial but is not necessary
- There is a requirement to deal with large amounts of data accurately so ideally our Digital Media Trainee will be both analytical and highly numerate
- You will have an inquisitive nature, passionate about digital and be interested in consumer behaviour
- You’ll be able to manage your time and prioritise tasks effectively, and enjoy learning how to use systems to get the best out of them for both clients and the agency
- Hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
- Annual holiday entitlement is 22 days + 8 public holidays + 3 fixed days between Xmas / New Year
- Salary as above
- Life insurance cover of 4x salary on commencement
- Income protection insurance of 2x salary on commencement
- Critical Illness insurance of 2x salary on commencement
- Auto enrolled into Workplace Pension scheme (5%) after 3 months but can opt out
- Option to join private medical scheme after 6 months
Closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd September 2018.